Dual WAN How-to?

Discuss Engarde latest news and updates

Moderators: scrumpy, Dave, leihog

Dual WAN How-to?

Postby isonski on Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:08 am

hi guys...

i just recently installed engarde and was wondering how to configure dual-WAN and load balancing...??? any links or urls regarding this topic is very much appreciated... :)

thank you very much...

isonski
isonski

RE: Dual WAN How-to?

Postby wkeys on Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:23 pm

hi

I just recently installed engarde and was wondering how to configure dual-WAN and load balancing...??? any links or urls regarding this topic is very much appreciated... Smile

The upcoming release of EnGarde 3.0.17 will add a load balancer called "balance" available as a package via the GDSN.

The below link talks about how to setup and use balance.

http://www.linux.com/articles/46735

~bill
wkeys

Re: RE: Dual WAN How-to?

Postby raleigh on Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:37 am

I think isonski is talking about Network Bandwidth Load Balancing with Dual ISP or Dual WAN.

I also have the same problem that already taking me too long to come up a decent linux router with 2 ISPs.

Any help or idea on this is very much appreciated. thank you in advance

wkeys wrote:hi

I just recently installed engarde and was wondering how to configure dual-WAN and load balancing...??? any links or urls regarding this topic is very much appreciated... Smile

The upcoming release of EnGarde 3.0.17 will add a load balancer called "balance" available as a package via the GDSN.

The below link talks about how to setup and use balance.

http://www.linux.com/articles/46735

~bill
raleigh

Re: RE: Dual WAN How-to?

Postby SiliconViper on Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:27 am

raleigh wrote:I think isonski is talking about Network Bandwidth Load Balancing with Dual ISP or Dual WAN.

I also have the same problem that already taking me too long to come up a decent linux router with 2 ISPs.

Any help or idea on this is very much appreciated. thank you in advance

While it isn't tailored to EnGarde specifically, this Dual WAN HOWTO is pretty distribution-neutral. It can probably provide a starting point for using multiple ISPs with Linux.

Hope it helps!

If there's anything wacky that needs to be done to make that work with EnGarde, please share, thanks!
SiliconViper

Return to General Discussion