Secure File Transfer for Mainframe systems

Discuss Engarde latest news and updates

Moderators: scrumpy, Dave, leihog

Secure File Transfer for Mainframe systems

Postby mariegold on Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:04 am

Hi guys,
I would like to transfer files from UNIX machine to Mainframe system (using UNIX machine as client). The transfer process needs to be secure (i.e. data sent thro network should be encrypted using 128-bit encryption algorithm). I came to know that SFTP server is not available for Mainframe systems and hence using SFTP is not an option. Please let me know any other alternatives for the "Secured File Transfer to Mainframe system". Thanks!
mariegold

RE: Secure File Transfer for Mainframe systems

Postby wkeys on Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:39 am

hi
Are you using EnGarde for the Server? You can scp from a Linux machine to the server.
Code: Select all
scp file_to_transfer  username@server_ip:/path_to_a_directory

~bill
wkeys

RE: Secure File Transfer for Mainframe systems

Postby jimmy123 on Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:12 am

Hi, you can take a look at NDM (Network Data Mover). It is a secure solution but it’s very expensive and may be you cannot afford. Here is one another option that is called JSCAPE Secure FTP Server. This is a platform independent managed file transfer server that supports FTP, secure FTP (FTP over SSL), SFTP/SSH, HTTP, HTTPS and WebDAV protocols. It greatly simplifies the process of securely exchanging data with trading partners and automation of file transfer processes, resulting in increased productivity and immediate return on investment.
Hope this will help you!
Good luck!
jimmy123

Return to General Discussion