Download not found on disk

Comments and/or questions regarding the downloading process of EnGarde

Moderators: scrumpy, Dave, leihog

Download not found on disk

Postby TimS on Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:47 am

Hello

I have downloaded engarde-community-3.0.22.i686.iso to an existing file which holds multiple iso files for virtualization, but when I look in the folder I can not see the engarde-community-3.0.22.i686.iso.

A search for the file with Windows Explorer only shows that there is a shortcut to the ISO file. The shortcut is located in a temp- type folder. If I double click on the shortcut, I get a "missing shortcut" notice, and then Windows opens the folder that I intended to download the file to, but of course the file is not there (I can not see it).

I repeated the download process, downloading into the same folder and "replacing" the file that the system thought was there from the first download. The end result was the same, download appears successful but the file is not found.

I am running Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 and have previously (successfully) downloaded and installed Fedora 9 and 10, Ubuntu and scores of other purchased and no-cost software.

Any help appreciated,

Tim
TimS

Re: Download not found on disk

Postby TimS on Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:01 am

I just found it. There is a button in Windows Explorer called Compatibility Files - which led me to the EnGarde iso.
TimS

Return to Downloading EnGarde