Engarde Activation Code

Discuss installation issues/solutions for Engarde

Moderators: scrumpy, Dave, leihog

Engarde Activation Code

Postby Niroshana on Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:02 am

Hi All,
I am new to Linux OS. I have installed Engarde on my Home PC. And i don't have internet connection. How can i get Activation Code for it Please?

It will be highly appreciated if any of you could provide me an alternative to get Activation Code Please?. :|

Thanks in Advance
Niro
Niroshana

Re: Engarde Activation Code

Postby Dave on Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:15 pm

Niroshana wrote:Hi All,
I am new to Linux OS. I have installed Engarde on my Home PC. And i don't have internet connection. How can i get Activation Code for it Please?

It will be highly appreciated if any of you could provide me an alternative to get Activation Code Please?. :|

Thanks in Advance
Niro

Without Internet access, there's very little purpose for EnGarde. What is it that you intended to actually do with EnGarde?

Regards,
Dave
Dave
Site Admin

Postby anthony.cirelli on Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:41 pm

Hi Dave,

My name is Tony from Canada, this thread seems to be the closest to my issue.

I do have an internet access, my problem in the activation is that the quick start guide states you can configure the engarde server thru the webtool by using a crossover cable, so that you may configure the machine BEFORE putting it on the network.

I am able to successfully hook up my pc and engarde machine via a crossover cable, and tried to fill out the GDSN account creation portion the response states something to the effect of "could not create account pleaase try again later or contact guardial support." I was not asked to activate any account prior to downloading the .iso file from www.engardelinux.org

Is there a way of activating the engarde WITHOUT going on the internet before configuring the machine via a crossover cable? Both my pcs have One nic each installed, the environment is SOHO.

If there isn't, I would suggest to have that portion of the users guide edited to clarify the instructions about using a crossover cable.

I appreciate your time and help.
Tony
anthony.cirelli

Postby Dave on Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:38 pm

anthony.cirelli wrote:Hi Dave,

My name is Tony from Canada, this thread seems to be the closest to my issue.

I do have an internet access, my problem in the activation is that the quick start guide states you can configure the engarde server thru the webtool by using a crossover cable, so that you may configure the machine BEFORE putting it on the network.
Hi Tony, welcome to EnGarde. Have you created an account when you downloaded EnGarde and registered it? You should have received an email with the account information that is used to supply the initial configuration process.

Thanks,
Dave
Dave
Site Admin

Postby anthony.cirelli on Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:01 pm

I didn't creat any account, I wasn't prompted to register or activate anything, is that what I'm supposed to to do then? I clicked and downloaded the file from the enguard website, it downloaded I burned the .iso on a cd and intalled it on a Pentium. I figured out about logging in at the command prompt (is there a GUI?) and like I wrote in the post I used a crossover cable between my pc and a toshiba laptop to try and learn how to configure.

If I am supposed to register and download that's fine, I would suggest only that the documentation be clarified about that step. Also, I am doing the crossover cable stuff PRECISELY because I want to do configuration hardening BEFORE the machine is on the network, but if one requires internet to activate that should be clarified in the docs.

Do you suggest I create a registration account then redownload enguard?
anthony.cirelli

Postby Dave on Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:54 pm

anthony.cirelli wrote:I didn't creat any account, I wasn't prompted to register or activate anything, is that what I'm supposed to to do then? I clicked and downloaded the file from the enguard website, it downloaded I burned the .iso on a cd and intalled it on a Pentium. I figured out about logging in at the command prompt (is there a GUI?) and like I wrote in the post I used a crossover cable between my pc and a toshiba laptop to try and learn how to configure.

Yes, it looks like this needs to be updated to properly reflect this situation. The account number is normally created during the initial configuration process by clicking "Create GDSN Account", which sends a message to our network and immediately forwards you an account number via email.

If you'd like, send me your email address, and I'll have an account number sent to you for this purpose.

Regards,
Dave
Dave
Site Admin

Postby altaf on Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:09 pm

Hi All
i want to install engrade linux on a private network , which i cant bring online (on internet). so how to create GDSN account and get serial no for that. i have registered with engrade web site and have valid login. please guide
altaf

Postby thesysop20770 on Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:21 pm

i have been trying to activate my server and can never get a connection. It keeps telling me an error has occurred. How can i get an activation code as well? my email address is itmanks@yahoo.com and I am registered on here with an account.
thesysop20770

Postby thesysop20770 on Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:24 pm

i have been trying to activate my server and can never get a connection. It keeps telling me an error has occurred. How can i get an activation code as well? my email address is itmanks@yahoo.com and I am registered on here with an account.
thesysop20770

Postby Dave on Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:43 am

thesysop20770 wrote:i have been trying to activate my server and can never get a connection. It keeps telling me an error has occurred. How can i get an activation code as well? my email address is itmanks@yahoo.com and I am registered on here with an account.

Make sure you can ping your router (your default route) by IP address first.

What is the output from ifconfig and "route -n"?

Regards,
Dave
Dave
Site Admin

Return to Installation