email services running

Discuss installation issues/solutions for Engarde

Moderators: scrumpy, Dave, leihog

email services running

Postby nuubiou on Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:10 am

I have my EnGarde up and running in VMware virtual machine inside my NAT, installed fully into virtual HD. I am able to login it for remotely from elsewhere with my admin passwords and it seems to be up and working fine. But I am still wondering how to build email server inside of it. Because I want to be able to send and receive emails for my Engarde machine. I have read tutorials from here and there + from Internet somewhere now headache, still with no luck of been successful. I have DynDNS account name connecting with Linksys route and with port forwarding to my virtual engarde. Because of my URL address is coming from DDynDNS, I have also told that running it with Dynamic DNS it is just impossible to configure. Is that true, and if not how to do what and where. Please help.

I am also quite noob of these, so please handle with care.. ;)

What port to be able to open in my Linksys, what address name have to be told to where in engarde, do I need my service provider email to tell somewhere in engarde, etc,etc...... This is just too complicated to figure out on my own. I mean with couple of pictures....
nuubiou

Re: email services running

Postby nuubiou on Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:29 am

It would be nice to know is it even possible to use Engarde in email server with Dynamic DNS support. Like DynDNS support what some routers are offering default.
nuubiou

Re: email services running

Postby Dave on Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:03 pm

nuubiou wrote:I have my EnGarde up and running in VMware virtual machine inside my NAT, installed fully into virtual HD. I am able to login it for remotely from elsewhere with my admin passwords and it seems to be up and working fine. But I am still wondering how to build email server inside of it. Because I want to be able to send and receive emails for my Engarde machine. I have read tutorials from here and there + from Internet somewhere now headache, still with no luck of been successful. I have DynDNS account name connecting with Linksys route and with port forwarding to my virtual engarde. Because of my URL address is coming from DDynDNS, I have also told that running it with Dynamic DNS it is just impossible to configure. Is that true, and if not how to do what and where. Please help.

You should be able to configure the Linksys to create a DMZ, which would then have all ports redirected to your server.

Work on getting the server to route properly from the server itself out to the Internet, then worry about properly routing outbound connections to your internal server. You can find more information on how to configure your Linksys in one of the many Linksys forums. Here's is something to get started:

http://forums.techguy.org/networking/47 ... outer.html

Start with a simple service on the server, such as FTP or SSH, instead of something more complex like routing email. Make sure they work properly locally first, then work on remote connectivity.

I believe dynamic DNS is supported with the dhcp daemon in EnGarde.

Regards,
Dave
Dave
Site Admin

Return to Installation