More DNS questions

Discuss installation issues/solutions for Engarde

Moderators: scrumpy, Dave, leihog

More DNS questions

Postby GrayMatter on Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:26 pm

In the dns module general config section, you can specify the global option to allow transfer to your secondary servers, but it appears to be pointless because when you create a new master zone, it does not give you the option to use global. It forces you to specify the allow-transfer servers for each zone or it defaults to adding none.

Also, is there a way to add sub-domain delegation through the gui or do I have to manually edit the zone files for that?

Thoughts? Comments?

I'm trying to like EnGarde and I admit it has a nice interface and a lot of potential but I have run into more issues that good. I was a bit concerned when I noticed that it has been a long time since any patches or updates have been released. Even with the "secure by design", and I know that SElinux does a good job, I would still expect to see updates. Even if SE prevents a security flaw in a program, wouldn't it be better to have the bug patched rather than wonder if there is a way for it to get around the SE policies? It almost appears that EnGarde is falling into the "unmaintained" category of distros.

I'm not trying to nit-pick EnGarde linux, I'm just trying to get a better understanding of the thought process behind the software.

Cheers!~
GM
GrayMatter

Return to Installation