SELinux and Moodle

Discuss general troubleshooting concerns.

Moderators: scrumpy, Dave, leihog

SELinux and Moodle

Postby rgutshall on Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:15 am

Fresh install of Engarde 3.0, I was able to get Moodle install without much issue. The problem I'm running into is when SELinux is enabled. I go to the login page for Moodle, type in my credentials and the page changes to the you are not logged in page. When I disabled SELinux, the login works correctly. I've gone so far as to activate all the booleans in the SELinux control panel with no luck. I am a newbie to Engarde, though I am comfortable using the linux commandline (Not great at it). Any thoughts on what I can do to get moodle working with SELinux?

Thanks
rgutshall
rgutshall

Re: SELinux and Moodle

Postby Dave on Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:17 pm

rgutshall wrote:Fresh install of Engarde 3.0, I was able to get Moodle install without much issue. The problem I'm running into is when SELinux is enabled. I go to the login page for Moodle, type in my credentials and the page changes to the you are not logged in page. When I disabled SELinux, the login works correctly. I've gone so far as to activate all the booleans in the SELinux control panel with no luck. I am a newbie to Engarde, though I am comfortable using the linux commandline (Not great at it). Any thoughts on what I can do to get moodle working with SELinux?
Hi, unfortunately it's not a project for someone who is new to EnGarde or Linux in general. The solution is to develop an SELinux security policy for moodle and EnGarde, but one does not currently exist.

The best solution for now is to run EnGarde in permissive mode until a policy can be developed, or perhaps someone from the mailing list can help build one with you.

Regards,
Dave
Dave
Site Admin

Return to General Troubleshooting