|Main Archive Page > Month Archives > infosec-news archives|
[That we're aware of... - WK]
By Linda McGlasson
Bank Info Security
December 30, 2010
There have been 58 reported banking-related data breaches so far in
2010, according to the Identity Theft Resource Center -- slightly fewer
than the total of 62 breaches in 2009. But it is possible that
additional 2010 breaches will be reported after the new year.
Of the 58 breaches tracked by the ITRC:
* 9 are related to insider theft;
* 6 are related to missing paper documents;
* 8 were linked to card skimming attacks;
* 5 resulted from stolen or missing hardware;
* 8 are blamed on cyberattacks or outside network intrusions;
* 4 are related to the exposure of data on the Web;
* 6 are linked to an accidental breach;
* 3 were of unknown origin.
Tegatai Managed Colocation: Four Provider Blended
Tier-1 Bandwidth, Fortinet Universal Threat Management,
Natural Disaster Avoidance, Always-On Power Delivery
Network, Cisco Switches, SAS 70 Type II Datacenter.
Find peace of mind, Defend your Critical Infrastructure.