|Main Archive Page > Month Archives > postfix-users archives|
>> My apologies; this is for a similar, but different system. It looks
>> like I've made the same mistake on multiple systems. I'm very
> Ahh, ok, that would explain the discrepancy.
>> appreciative that you remembered my similar issue from weeks ago :-)
> After helping you with that, and attempting to help you with the
> Constant Contact clogging your queue issue, it's hard to forget you
> Alex. ;) BTW, please be sure to respond to Tara, even if you've since
> solved that issue. I went out of my may to get you in touch with her.
> Be courteous and drop her a line, if only to say you already fixed it.
I don't recall seeing an email from you with that information. Can I
ask you to resend, and I'll follow up with her?
While I think it might be helpful to contact CC, this is just one
example where the server is overloaded. I'd really like a more
far-reaching solution. I've used tc and cbq for QoS a long time in the
past, but not sure I could now figure out how to use it to throttle
SMTP traffic now.
>> Since we're referencing the other system, I've lowered the
>> default_process_limit to 100 from 300 and it remains responsive, now
>> that I've removed the reject_rbl_client from
>> smtpd_recipient_restrictions (although I suppose that could be
> It's not coincidence. That's exactly what should have happened. Which
> is why I recommended it.
As it turns out, before I could hardly notice, the server was hit with
a large amount of connections from everbridge.net, resulting in a few
thousand messages being deferred:
Mar 6 18:05:34 mail01 postfix/error: 59C26156326F:
to=<email@example.com>, relay=none, delay=557, delays=439/118/0/0.11,
dsn=4.4.2, status=deferred (delivery temporarily suspended: lost
connection with 127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1] while receiving the initial
I'm pretty sure it was related to that, as I haven't had these types
of messages in quite a while. I had to increase the
default_process_limit back to 200 and forcibly restart amavisd, after
which it delivered all the messages without further issues.