|Main Archive Page > Month Archives > postfix-users archives|
> I'm trying to configure Postfix to accept mail for addresses
> matching the /^prefix-.+@.+$/ regex only.
Also, for every domain Postfix needs to know how to deliver it,
so you cannot use wildcards in virtual_alias_domains etc.
- List the domain in mydestination if it is delivered with the
local(8) delivery agent. To avoid backscatter problems, Postfix
rejects addresses that are not listed in $local_recipient_maps.
- List the domain in relay_domains if Postfix is backup MTA. To
avoid backscatter problems, Postfix rejects addresses that are not
listed in $relay_recipient_maps.
- List the domain in virtual_alias_domains if it's a virtual alias
domain, and also supply a mapping from virtual addresses to addresses
in a "real" domain. To avoid backscatter problems, Postfix rejects
addresses that don't have a virtual-to-real mapping.
- And so on for virtual mailbox domains.
- Postfix delivers all other domains via smtp, the default transport.